As part of my New Year’s Resolutions, I have decided to create a new weekly post on the blog. As I am like all of you, I tend to worry way too much. Instead of making new year resolutions, I am making goals for the year. Accountability is one of the biggest things people loose faith in their resolutions and don’t have enough support to continue their goals. Posting my worries here every Monday and seeing how ridiculous they may seem through out the week will be my accountability to myself to STOP WORRYING so much. The worries I have now probably don’t hold up to truth anyway and are constantly changing every day or every week. There is always going to be something new to worry about whether it be big or little.
The inspiration for this post came from a few sources. 1) my wonderful husband who tells me every day “stop worrying!”, and 2) Lara Casey’s 2016 Goal Setting series on her website. Following along the steps she provides is a real eye opener for me to be truthful to myself and really open up to who I am and how to set realistic goals to keep for 2016. Reflecting on 2015 was good and bad…of course as we all want to forget the bad things and keep focus on the good. I felt that worry was one of my top things I need to work on this upcoming year (obviously there are way more things to work on).
I truly feel that 2016 is going to be the best year ever and having that positive mindset going into the year is key. So here’s what you need to do, come and read each and every Monday so we can work on this worry thing together, comment what your biggest worries are for the week and see if they are still worries by the time the next week arrives, and keep a journal. Journaling is so good for the mind, body and soul, I encourage it. We all get too busy or have excuses to why we don’t do things. Just make a decision on one thing to do and do it. You too can grow out of worrying so much just like me. So let’s begin:
- Is anyone going to read this post and agree with me or am I just shooting this from the hip. I am not ever sure if people read my blog but still is a good way for me to “journal” publicly to hold myself accountable.
- I haven’t received my bills I normally get to pay by this time. I hope I have enough time to get them in on time.
- We are re-doing a room in the house as a home office (Finally!) but is it going to look right or turn out the way I picture it verses my husband?
- What am I going to make for dinner this week?
- I have some appointments during this week, I have to make sure I leave in time to get there on time.
Okay, so as you can see, right now, not a lot of worries. But I will be adding on to this post during the week and recap on next Monday. Then we will see it the worry still holds true or if it got crushed but being stupid. Please let me know what your thoughts are or any feedback for this post. Please share with anyone you know who worries and you think they need to stop because it is ridiculous. #MakeItHappen2016
See you next week! ~ Ramblings