My husband and I made lettuce wraps last night for dinner and I must say…they were so good! So I will tell you the recipe with a little secret…shhh….don’t tell anyone! My husband is the one who cooked as he always does (so thankful for him for that! Thanks!), but he never really follows the recipe unless needed.
So what you’ll need:
- Romain Lettuce
- Ground Turkey
- Sliced Carrots
- Chopped Onion
- Sliced Green, Red, Yellow Pepper
- Japanese Rice
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Chopped Garlic Cloves or Garlic Powder (you decide!)
- Salt & Peper
- Brown the ground turkey until fully cooked. While it is cooking, add salt & pepper to taste, 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- While this is happening, slice a handful of baby carrots really thin (they cook faster that way), slice the 1/2 of whatever color pepper you have decided to go with really thin, and chop your 1/3 onion. Add then to your turkey mixture.
- Once you have that done, just continue to cook through, making sure you add your spices to taste. Once you have the veggies in the pan cooking with the turkey, add some Sweet Chili Sauce (he like it hot and I not so much), only add a little to start with, as it is a hot sauce. Then continue to add for your own taste… 🙂
- Then your are done with the turkey mixture. Next wash the individual lettuce leafs. They are going to be your serving dish for your turkey mixture. Assemble only requires you to put the mixture in the middle of the lettuce and then you eat! Simple as that and it doesn’t take too long. I would estimate it too us, working together on this, about 20 minutes from start to finish.
So there is an idea for dinner you should try. There are so many variations of lettuce wraps out there, you just go with what you’ve got! Good luck 🙂 let me know how it turns out!